S&P/ASX has run into resistance at 5250 points. Portfolios should be positioned defensively until we see a break back above this level.
The list below highlights the themes we will be focusing on in the coming weeks.
- Watch gold for buying support
- BBOZ & BBUS provide downside protection
- Banks and property to come under further pressure
- Revisit buying levels in technology and healthcare
- Oil sub $20 and Nat Gas sub $1.60 provides an opportunity
- Expect discounted rights issues to shore up balance sheets
- Impact on bank earnings will be substantial
- Iron Ore prices have remained strong, can it continue?
- Will the Government consider stimulating housing construction?
- Strategies to protect and grow portfolios.
Keep an eye out for our “Opportunities in Review” webinar invitation and feel free to call our office on 1300 614 002 to discuss our preferred strategies in the current market.